A further 9 Scottish NSAs have been added to the Directory see earlier post for details.
GMFF-0014 Claish Moss, has been renamed to Claish and Kenra Moss SAC/RAMSAR, to reflect a change to status from an NNR to SAC with an expanded boundary to include Kenra Moss.
Two further NNRs have been added to the directory
- GFF-0441 High Leys NNR, Cumbria
- GFF-0442 Thornhill Moss and Meadows NNR, Cumbria
References GFF-0133 (Dungeness), GFF-0237 (Rye Harbour) and GFF-0238 (Romney Marsh) were amongst the original WFF references.
It is unclear as to which areas they refer… this post will attempt to draw some lines on the map!
Continue reading “Romney Marsh and Rye Harbour”
Several changes to the directory have been made:
- GFF-0437 East Devon Pebblebed Heaths SAC -Pebblebed Heaths NNR
- GFF-0438 Waveney and Little Ouse Valley Fens SAC – Blo’ Norton and Thelnetham Fen SSSI
- GFF-0439 Waveney and Little Ouse Valley Fens SAC – Weston Fen SSSI
- GFF-0440 Chartley Moss NNR
- GFF-0162 Is renamed to Waveney and Little Ouse Valley Fens SAC – Redgrave and Lopham Fen NNR/RAMSAR. A further two new references , GFF 0438/9 have been created for SSSIs which form geographically separate parts of the SAC.
New Areas & Amendments -Latest update 9/8/21
We have completed the process of working through the GMFF Directory, to ensure all Scottish National Scenic Areas (NSAs) are allocated a reference, in some cases existing reference names have been amended to make clear when they include the NSA. There are 40 NSAs in all covering 13% of Scotland’s land mass, so completing this work provides more opportunities for getting out and operating in Scotland’s beautiful countryside.
The following new areas have been allocated a reference:
- GMFF-0116 Assynt – Coigach NSA
- GMFF -0117 Fleet Valley NSA
- GMFF-0118 Eildon and Leaderfoot NSA
- GMFF-0119 Kintail NSA
- GMFF-0120 Knapdale NSA
- GMFF-0121 Shetland NSA
- GMFF-0122 Knoydart NSA
- GMFF-0123 Kyle of Tongue NSA
- GMFF-0124 Kyles of Bute NSA
- GMFF-0125 Loch na Keal, Isle of Mull NSA
- GMFF-0126 Loch Rannoch and Glen Lyon NSA
- GMFF-0127 Loch Sheil NSA
- GMFF-0128 Loch Tummel NSA
- GMFF-0129 Lynn of Lorn NSA
- GMFF-0130 Morar, Moidart and Ardnamurchan NSA
- GMFF-0131 North-West Sutherland NSA
- GMFF-0132 River Earn (Comrie to St Fillans) NSA
- GMFF-0133 River Tay (Dunkeld) NSA
- GMFF-0134 Scarba, Lunga and the Garvellachs NSA
- GMFF-0135 Trotternish NSA
- GMFF-0136 Upper Tweedale NSA
- GMFF-0137 The Small Isles NSA
- GMFF-0138 Glen Affric NSA
- GMFF-0139 Glen Strathfarrar NSA
- GMFF-0140 Nith Estuary NSA
- GMFF-0141 East Stewartry Coast NSA
- GMFF-0142 Dornoch Firth NSA
Changes also made to:
- GMFF-0001 Cairngorms National Park – name changed to Cairngorms NP and NSA to reflect inclusion of the Cairngorms Mountains NSA
- GMFF-0002 Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park and NSAs name changed to reflect inclusion of the 2 NSAs within the Park Boundary
- GMFF -0061 St Kilda NSA, NNR and WHS name changed reflect inclusion of the NS
- GMFF-0107 Cuillins SPA becomes Cuillans SPA- Cuillin Hills NSA (Isle of Skye) to reflect inclusion of NSA