The process of assigning references to all of Northern Ireland’s Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) has now been completed. The following new references have been added to the directory
- GIFF- 0074 -Antrim Coast and Glens AONB
- GIFF- 0075 -Binevenagh AONB
- GIFF- 0076 – Causeway Coast AONB
- GIFF- 0077 -Lagan Valley AONB
- GIFF- 0078 -Ring Of Gullion AONB
- GIFF- 0079 – Sperrins AONB
- GIFF- 0080 – Strangford and Lecale AONB
Several changes to the directory have been made:
In line with the decision made by Team GxFF in April, we have completed the addition of all Wildfowl and Wetland Trust sites, the final three sites added being:
- GFF-0431 – Washington WWT
- GFF-0432 – London WWT
- GIFF- 0073 – Castle Espie WWT
In addition GWFF – 0059 Maes y Facrell NNR (Great Orme) has become designated as Pen y Gogarth SAC (including Maes y Facrell NNR) (Great Orme), the new boundaries now taking in the SAC.
Staying in Wales, GFF- 0015 Pembrokeshire Coast National Park will be redesignated with a GWFF prefix. This change will take effect from August 1st 2021.